Any violence is bad, but witnessing violence towards someone you rely on for your safety and care is horrific. Children who live in a household with someone being emotionally or physically abused will no doubt be left with psychological scars commonly seen in traumatized individuals. Children could experience cognitive impairment, developmental delays and serious behavioral problems with long term exposure.
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month and it’s a good time to bring awareness of an insidious crime that so many men and women are guilty of. Failure to protect is a serious offense in many states. The problem is that many women, for instance, caught in this situation are helpless to protect themselves. … CONTINUE READING
You all know people who deplete your energy, leaving you exhausted, riddled with guilt or stressed. When you are with them, you become drained and worn out. These people are toxic and can be selfish, nasty, jealous, inconsiderate, narcissistic and abusive. There are several things you can do so you maintain your energy level and your personal power, and not let these caustic people overwhelm you.
Keep energy zappers away
- You must first be aware of who they are and how they make you feel. Notice if you feel sick or get a tight feeling in your stomach when you see them.
… CONTINUE READING
You’re probably wondering why you are not as successful as you would like to be, in business, relationships, financial endeavors, etc., There are several things to consider as you may be blocking your success energy.
1. You may need to unblock your thinking by being open and receptive to good fortune and success. When you keep your thoughts on what you fear or don’t want to happen, you increase your chances of continuing the cycle. Negative chatter in your head only creates more of the same. In other words, you need to shift your mind-set to something more supportive, positive, and forward-thinking.… CONTINUE READING
“Don’t leave dirty dishes!” “Pick up the wet towel!” “Shut the bedroom light!” These are a few of the things I would scream – like a broken record – to get my family to do some obvious chores and necessary conveniences. But I was not always successful, nor was I really ever heard.
There are always tons of things that need to get done and no time for you to do it all. That’s why you are so persistent in coordinating things with verbal reminders and perhaps, hurtful jabs. However, it’s not fun being the recipient of all that pestering and it’s also demeaning to your partner’s self-worth.… CONTINUE READING
Appreciation is like the ebb and flow of the tide. When the tide goes out, it allows more of the flow to come in. The more you appreciate your life and the people in it, the more you are appreciated. It’s a great feeling to keep this natural law of nature working.
Disagree 1 2 3 4 5 Agree
- _____I like to go out with friends, family and keep my social life active.
- _____I am grateful for my job and the work I do.
- _____I am constantly working on my self-growth and personal improvement.
- _____I have a good plan for saving money.
… CONTINUE READING